Providing your written quotation
We know that it can be a bit of a shot in the dark when it comes to estimating the cost to reupholster a sofa, especially if you’ve never had done before. As a Which? trusted trader it is our responsibility to operate in an honest and fair way, which is why we’re completely transparent when it comes to pricing. We always provide you with a written quotation with the breakdown of costs, so you can check it and confirm it is correct.
You can receive a written quote by:
- Contact Form: Submit a couple of photos and details through our contact form here – we can usually quote directly from the images and get back to you on the same day
- Home Visit: We offer a free, no obligation home visit service where we can inspect your sofa in detail. We can also bring sample books to help you to envision your perfect sofa – call 0117 370 2745 to find out more
- Social Media: Send a few photos via our Facebook or Twitter page with a brief description of what you want doing and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible
How much will it cost?
Over the years, we have been able to develop a system that allows us to create a starting price for most furniture items we work on. For example, a two seat sofa simply recovered in material from our standard range would usually cost £912 (VAT included). This is based on a sofa with four removable cushions; if yours is smaller or requires less work the price would be reduced appropriately!
There are a few aspects that might alter your costs:
- New foams or fillings – We only replace these if you want us to, or if they’re really beyond repair! Try out a range of different densities at our showrooms
- Frame repair and new springs – We can advise whether you need new springs or a frame repair. It’s not always possible to see the extent of the damage until the piece is stripped down; sometimes the upholstery is holding the sofa together! See the image below for an example.
- Buttons/piping/zips – These are the delightful finishing touches, but it is completely up to you what you want and where you want it
Choosing your fabric
We previously mentioned choosing material from our standard range. As we know sometimes you just need a ball park figure to work out whether upholstering is feasible, we base the quote on selecting fabric from our standard £26 per metre or less range. This includes hundreds of materials, including vinyl and velvet, all suitable for upholstery purposes! We do have other designs and leather available too, but these will alter the price of your quote.
Getting it to us
A lot of customers express concern about how they will get their sofa to us, but rest assure we also offer a collection and delivery service. Two friendly delivery men will safely remove the item from your property and load it carefully into our van. Once the work is complete we give you a call to arrange delivery back, and voila! You have a beautiful piece of furniture with very little hassle!
No Hidden Costs
As a Which? trusted trader, we pride ourselves in having no hidden costs. As mentioned above, sometimes we can’t tell the state of a sofa until it is stripped down, but we can definitely advise additional costs before you decide to go ahead. It is pretty rare for this to be the case, but we wanted to let you know so you don’t feel like we’re pulling the wool over your eyes! We never carry out work unless we first have your approval to proceed, so at the end of the day you know how exactly much you are paying.
So what are you waiting for? Remember we can upholster almost anything (no, seriously!). There’s no harm in getting in touch to enquire about a cost to reupholster a sofa – it’s all free and we don’t like pressure selling (we don’t work on commission here!).