The cost to reupholster a chair
You might have seen our previous post on how much it costs to reupholster a sofa, so we’re here to help you get an idea about the cost of upholstering a chair as well! We want to reassure you that we don’t take our Which? trusted trader status lightly so we always listen to you, and provide you with a written quotation.
Providing your written quotation
There are a number of ways we can quote the work for you:
- Contact Form: Simply submit a few images through our contact form here and we’ll get back to you on the same day – we can usually quote directly from the images
- Home Visit: We can come to your house or site to view the chair(s), offer advice on the work required and bring samples books for your perusal – this is completely free with no obligation to proceed! Call 0117 370 2745 to find out more
- Social Media: You might find it easiest to send a few photos via our Facebook or Twitter page and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible – please note these sites are only manned during opening hours
How much will it cost?
It all depends on the type of chair. For example, simply upholstering the base of a dining chair starts at £43.00, up to £636.00 for a large sofa chair based on using fabric from our standard material range.
- New foams or fillings – We can help you to choose the perfect density foam at one of our showrooms, but we only replace them if they really need doing or you’d like a change!
- Frame repair and new springs – Some chairs have experienced more wear and tear than others, and we can suggest what repairs or replacements are required. It’s not always possible to see the extent of the damage until the piece is stripped down; sometimes the upholstery is holding the frame together! See the image below for an example.
- Buttons/piping/zips – It is entirely up to you whether you would like any of these finishing touches, and we’re here to help if you’re not sure!
Choosing your fabric
We know that sometimes you need a rough figure before even thinking about proceeding, so we base the quote on using materials in our £26/m or less, range of fabrics. This consist of around 1,000 fabrics, including both patterned and plain. Our entire fabric range includes velvet, linens, vinyl, and leather so we are almost certain to have something you’ll like. If you already have the perfect fabric in mind, we’ll do our very best to source it for you.
Getting it to us
You are very welcome to deliver the chair yourself to either of our showrooms, or you can opt for our collection and delivery service. This is no doorstep service! Instead, we collect and return your item to the room and position you’d like it to be in, assisted by two of our delightful delivery men.
No Hidden Costs
As a Which? trusted trader, we promise integral service with transparency in costs. Sometimes it isn’t possible to completely predict the costs as the existing upholstery might be holding the chair together, but we do our very best to provide an accurate quotation. We never proceed with work before first providing a quote, so at the end of the day you know exactly how much you’ll be paying.
Get in touch today!
Simply submit a couple of photos through our contact page and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can. If you have any problems doing this or would like to book a home visit, call us on 0117 370 2745 – we look forward to hearing from you!